Thursday 28 May 2015

MMM days 23-29

I am currently really sick of May, not me-made-may, just May in general. I had a deadline on the 29th and it has dominated most of my free time, including weekends and has made me fed up and grumpy. It has also meant that while my 'to sew' list has increased my sewing time disappeared, just leaving me with frustrated dreams of my ideal wardrobe. Also, what is with the weather? There was hail again today! Anyway, enough complaining, my deadline is done and I have lots of things to look forward to, including, hopefully, some more sewing time. 

So what did I wear during my grumpy week?

Day 23
Angelica top, jeans (Asos), cardigan (New Look)

Day 24
This dress was my alteration for last week which I realised that I forgot to include in my round up post.  It's not me-made but has now been altered by me.  I have a problem with some RTW dresses that they gape round the neckline which I think is a result of a hollow chest.  This dress has been in my wardrobe for 10 years and each time I wore it, the gaping bugged me so it did not get a lot of wear.  I really like it though so I'm glad I took the time to make it more wearable for this summer.

Day 25
A wardrobe fail meant that I wore exactly the same outfit on day 23 and 25 so I couldn't be bothered to take another picture of the same outfit.  I was also working on a bank holiday and was grumpy about it so not in a mood for photos.

Day 26
Lady skater dress, cardigan (New Look)

Day 27
Tartan mini dress, cardigan (Dunnes). This was the first day I dared to bare my legs as the temperature edged up into the late teens. 

Day 28
Bicycle skirt, t-shirt (Dorothy Perkins)

Day 29
Lady skater. I love the print on this dress which is why it's remained in my wardrobe but it was one of the first things I made and each time I wear it, I see all the flaws!  A group of us are away for the weekend and a mega accomodation fail meant that I was too stressed to get a picture.

Right have a lovely weekend everyone and enjoy the last couple of days of me made may. I'm off to a wedding at the seaside!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad for you that your deadline is now behind you and hope you find the time to relax and do the real important things in life like sewing :) I like your outfit and I especially like that you made your pretty dress more wearable for you, great job and lovely outfits this week! :)

    ReplyDelete