Friday 26 June 2015

Blue Simplicity 1717

Happy Friday people.  I am so glad that this week is over and I am planning some fun for my weekend but first I have a skirt to show you.

I think I may have cut this skirt out during Me-Made-May 2014 and it sat in my UFO pile for a very long time while other shinier and more floral projects tempted me away. However Me-Made-May 2015 rammed home to me that I needed some well fitting and plain skirts.  Tasia's post on cake and frosting makes a lot of sense although to be honest, I don't feel like I have enough of either in my wardrobe.  However I know that in order for some items in my wardrobe to come together I do need some basics.  I've made this skirt before but for a friend, this time it was my turn.

I made it up in a blue linen from my stash (no idea where it originated from).  Linen always strikes me as a great summer fabric as its lovely and cool to wear. However, I forget it should really only be used/worn by people who are more acquainted with their iron than I am. I ironed this twice before taking these pictures and it still has creases!


The zip I used was too short and I can't get this on over my hips so the skirt now has to go on over my head. However, my grandma always used to tell me that a lady always puts dresses and skirts on over her head so I'm going to pretend I've suddenly just become super ladylike.


My final feelings are that it's a nice skirt however, I prefer my New Look 6873, made here and here, maybe I should get stitching on a summery version.  

Hope you guys all have a lovely weekend and happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment